Very Slow Browsing in v3

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elziko, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elziko

elziko Registered Member

I have installed the latest version of NOD Antivirus on Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 with 2Gb and an Intel Quad Core Q6600. However browsing seems very slow whilst other internet activity seems fine. It can take several minutes just to show the Google home page.

I have tried using the 'Disable antivirus and antispyware protection' option but that had no effect on my problem.

Then I uninstalled v3.0.642 and installed v2.70.39 and everything is lightning fast. I can switch between v3 and v2 and the problem appears and dissappears respectively.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Thanks!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There must be a conflict with another application, browsing speed is normal here and I for one haven't heard about such problems.

3. elziko

elziko Registered Member

Can you suggest what I could look for with respect to application conflicts?

I have this problem with a clean install of Vista with just NOD32 v3 installed.

Thanks!

4. justmex

justmex Registered Member

go into settings and put a cross on your browser if you think you are safe :D

this allows the browser full access to get back speed LOL

5. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    Did you modified default settings ? Did you activate active monitoring for your browser ?
    If you changed default settings, try to reset them to default.

Regards

6. beethoven

beethoven Registered Member

Elziko, while this won't help you, I can tell you that you are not alone.
    When I tried a few weeks ago V3 I had exactly the same problem though I am using XP. Switching back to 2.7 solved the issue. I even timed the loading times for various pages. Unfortunately I never figured out the culprit, obviously a conflict somewhere as apparently this is not a common issue.

I am going to try again in a few weeks time, there is always a possibility that it's a bug only affecting users under certain conditions but for the time being I am sticking with V 2.7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.