VERY HAPPY WITH PG 3 !

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by worldcitizen, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Yep, too easy to DL stuff now that your AV / AT etc. cannot stop even with the latest updates.
    The war goes on ...

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Me personally? I protect Avant, Firefox, Outlook 2003, TDS3, Port Explorer, CryptoSuite, Kerio 2.1.5 my resident Anti Spyware. I have KAV 5 on my prot list but not with SMH enabled as it already has good protection as does ZA though I do not use ZA.

Basically anything Internet enabled that APT can close down easily.

Pilli

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

This is a great testament to PG. I tried running the Trojansimulator to test av/at etc. Needless to say it never got past ProcessGuard. For those who had been curious about Giant recently, it blocked the effort to modify the registry.

Pete

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Installed the program. NOT suspicious AT ALL, added files in its Program Files folder, nothing else. No termination attempts.

As I emailed you Worldcitizen, contact them. Looks like an uninstaller script error, and it deleted all \RUN keys in the registry. Uninstalled it and all it did was remove itself, albeit incorrectly.

There is no vulnerability as such, but errors like this are very bad for any software, it deletes all startup keys. All protection is still enabled in the PG driver, and you were warned that PGAccount wasn't running. Jason said he will look into this a bit more and already has a very easy solution if the PGAccount key ever does go missing

5. Caliban

Caliban Registered Member

I am delighted with the latest generation of Process Guard. I have been waiting for this one, stable, simple and powerful, oh and light on the resources. Thank you DCS crew for a fine bit of software. Worth the wait and I hope you sell a million licences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.