Very happy with Norton Support!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortal Raptor, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

As you guys know me, I was complaining a lot lately regarding various security products, and some thought that I'm a negative person or only want to cause trouble.

I am simply, an honest person who reacts based on what I face from X company.

Recently Mayhana made me switch back to Norton after experiencing odd issues with double taskbar icons of NAV, but now I tried their Norton Security and on Windows 7, the issue isn't there (can't say for sure on Windows 8 since I don't use it anymore)

Now the pleasant part, I have disabled the Norton Toolbar before, not because I don't like it, but because it doesn't integrate with the Firefox small search toolbar on the top right, but rather, is a whole big toolbar under the URL Address bar so I didn't like that.

Unfortunately, every time I reboot, I was getting a popup message from Norton Security telling me that I can install the Norton Toolbar, I didn't like that so I contacted their Live Chat support....

2014-11-27_165923.png

- Firstly, there was 0 waiting time, I was connected to an agent instantly (just like the previous time by the way, that's great)

- The agent was very courteous and professional, asked me what is the reason I don't want it, then connected to my system via the Symantec Live Support tool for a remote session. She then disabled/re-enabled the ad-on in Firefox then rebooted my system to verify if the popup was coming. Nope! no more popup!

- To go an extra mile, she asked me if I would like to restart a 2nd time to make sure the popup isn't coming which we did, again, no popup.

- She then confirmed if I need anything else then disconnected

At this day and age, where good customer service has become great, Norton Live Support comes as a pleasant surprise for an excellent product already that's one of the lightest on my system and offers great protection.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2014
  2. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

What they did to get rid of the popup if anyone is interested:

1) They went into regedit and searched for "norton toolbar" entry

when they found it, they tried deleting it but it ws showing access denied

now if you wanna delete it, you can by taking ownership of that reg key, you will find more than one reg entry for norton toolbar

2) I have IE disabled from the Programs and Features / Windows Components so I can't comment for anyone that has IE on their system

3) I only have Firefox, they simply enabled then disabled the add-on and it didn't show up for 3 restarts until now

3. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

Interesting, in the past when I had asked for help to permenantly remove the Norton Toolbar notification, I never saw this DO NOT SHOW AGAIN link, now the popup appeared again after 5 days......but.....it now has a do not show again clickable link:

2014-11-29_123335.png

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I am finding that most of their popup reminders have that option after abut the third time or so. I don't use their Identity Safe because I prefer LastPass. By the third time it has an option to not ask again.

5. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

I had issues with the popup too. I was just using a trial. It caused me to uninstall Norton...mainly for a few reasons:

1) Annoying popup that should go away after asking once

2) No good deals on black friday / cyber monday for the product

3) Have several years of Avira and Webroot left, so I didn't really need it.

Really like the new Norton though.

6. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

There's tons of Black Friday Norton deals, including 5PC's for $19

7. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

ahh, that explains why I saw it! it was the third time indeed! Thanks for this tip.

Very annoying though, but bearable considering the product does not give me any quirks and my system performance isn't dropping

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yeah there were TONS of awesome deals on nortons for black friday. 5pc's for 19$ is a great deal imo. i dont use it anymore nor do i have plans to at this time.

9. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I strongly advice you to give it a chance bro......you know how picky I am about what AV I run as we discussed before.......this is the one AV that gave me no slowdown and decent protection....you won't regret it

10. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

Dialed up to aggressive, and always, I'd say it's much better than decent.

11. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have tested it. im not at all saying its bad just not for me. things i just dont like about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.