Very Disappointed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Disgruntled, Oct 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

Just go the latest version of this POS. Made a complete backup of my C: drive. Checked the archive and it is corrupted. WTF. This company needs to get a clue. Well that was a wasted Saturday afternoon.

2. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

ok... now that I have calmed down.

Here is what I did.

1. Installed the latest version of the software onto my laptop. Laptop has 2 drives. 1 driver for the OS, the other just for backups and storage that I'm not concerned about.

2. Ran the process to backup all the files on the C: drive. Also verified the archive once the process was finished. Everything OK

3. Made a boot CD

4. As a test, Installed another identically sized and formatted drive into the slot where the main OS driver resided.

5. Booted into Acronis from the boot CD and went through the setup process to restore the files.

6. Almost immediately after the restore process began, the program just blew away.

7. Rebooted into Acronis, this time, before doing the install, I selected to recheck the archive.

8. Maybe 5 minutes into the archive check, it came back with a "Archive Corrupt" error.

9. o_Oo_O?

10. Replaced the new drive with the original and booted back up into my Win XP install.

11. Ran Acronis and am now re-verifying the archive. It has been running now for maybe 15 minutes and I'm not getting an "Archive Corrupt" error.

Any Ideaso_O Wonder if Ghost 10 is any better..

Mike

3. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

Archive verify process just completed.. no problems with the archive.

Any ideas why the archive check process from the boot environment blows away?

Mike

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Try it with TI 8 build 937. If that's OK, then wait for TI 9 to be fixed.

5. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

Thanks, but got tired of experimenting. <snip>

edited to remove advertising - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  6. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

Admin, wasn't advertising.

But to complete what I said above. I"ve installed something else that actually works.

Thanks anyway for the recommendation to use an older version of their software to complete what should have been a very basic task for backup software.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Disgruntled,

Could you please clarify the following?

- Can you restore this image archive? Have you tried to explore the images that are reported as corrupted?
    - Is it the image archive of the entire hard drive or of the all the files on it?

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

8. Disgruntled

Disgruntled Guest

As I stated above in my second post, I can't restore using the boot cd environment. Almost immediately after the restore begins (From the Boot CD), the environment "crashes" and the machine reboots. If I run an archive verify from the Boot CD, the archive is show as being corrupt. Verifying the archive from the installed program shows the archive as being valid.

I tried to do an image archive of both the entire hard drive and all of the files in it. Same results once trying to restore from the boot cd. I also rebuilt the boot cd just to make sure the first one wasn't corrupted.

At this point, I've already purchased another product with everything working as expected; however, I don't mind providing you with details of the problems I had with your product.

Too bad I didn't get a prompt response from Acronis support this weekend (either through this forum, or email). I might have had the patience to work to resolve the issue.

9. cgeyen

cgeyen Registered Member

I have yet to be able to use by newly-purchased license of TI 9. I'm finding lots of bugs and problems with it. Also get VERY slow response from Acronis support on these issues.

We've been using TI v8 for some time with no problems at all. I guess I'll be using v8 until v9 is fixed.

:-(

10. Ewyuu4j0

Ewyuu4j0 Registered Member

My laptop just shuts down in the middle of creatng an image in the Acronis Startup Recovery Manager. I thought this was my machine overheating (it's gone back for warranty service because of this before). Is this happening to you as well? I'd like to know before I crack it open and apply some Arctic Silver.

-Jeremy

11. Ewyuu4j0

Ewyuu4j0 Registered Member

Nevermind -- it's the laptop, as the non-Windows TI environment is still V8. (see my thread, "TI9 Disappoints").

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.