very disappointed with PG

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by hohoho, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hohoho

hohoho Guest

- uncheck "Protection Enabled" do not disable "General Protection Options". This is a major problem when installing software. I have two occasion of installation failure because the "General Protection Options" are not disabled although I disable protection.

- Issues regarding ctfmon.exe. The process requires "hook" to work and cannot be protected because every application it hooks will need access to the process. I have no way to configure it correctly and I cannot tolerate error messages in the log. :(

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Regarding ctfmon.exe. Unless you are using speech or a foreign language in MS Office the best way to stop ctfmon is to turn off the alternate text services and ctfmon.exe will stop bothering you. I've forgotten how I did that but search the forums, and google on ctfmon.exe and you will find it.
    Also check the help files of ms office

3. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

ctfmon does use unnecessary resources but there is quite a bit of work to disable it completely Microsoft KB remember you will have to do this for each office product you have running otherwise it is not fully disabled.

4. hohoho

hohoho Guest

- unknown lockup problem on wakeup after suspend

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Ho ho, This is almost certainly a Learning mode problem, you need to leave your pc in learning mode whilst allowing a standby, hibernation and or a suspend then disable learning mode after doing so. I think it is because some system files are strating and not getting onto the checksum list correctly. I know that this worked for at least one other user.

HTH Pilli

6. Dan Perez

Dan Perez Retired Moderator

also, if you would like to keep ctfmon.exe you can add it to the Protection List but uncheck any Blocked Flags and then in the Options selection, checkmark "Allow Global Hooks"

hope this helps

7. hohoho

hohoho Guest

Thanks for much! That's exactly what I want. The ctfmon.exe issue is over. I cannot uninstall it because I do use foreign language input.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.