Very disappointed in Acronis helpdesk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SmartyX, Jun 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmartyX

SmartyX Registered Member

I have a problem with ATI 7.0 (see this thread).
    As you can read there, I found some kind of work-around, but I still get error messages. So I sent a full report to Acronis support, including screenshots I made with a digital camera, and including a system report, generated by the report-tool provided by Acronis. Couldn't be more specific.

(In short, my problem is as follows:
    I checked the spanned image several times running TI in Windows and also starting TI from the bootable rescue disc. The image on HD is always "verified succesfully", but the CDR(W)'s always give me read errors, or the CD hangs, or TI says "the image is corrupted.")

The helpdesk's answer:

"This looks like a problem in our software - instead of asking to insert the correct media it gives an error that the volume is not found. Our developers are currently investigating the problem."

And that's it. I am not going to explain why I think that they didn't understand my problem, because you can see it yourself.

And, oh yeah, they gave me another great advice:
    "I also recommend you to update your Acronis software to the latest build of available at http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/"

Gee, I haven't thought of that yet, what a great idea! :p

Don't get me wrong: I like True Image, or at least: I WISH I could trust it for imaging my disks. But I can't. That's OK, **** happens.
    What really irritates me: companies that make promises that they can't keep.
    For example, at this very moment you can read on the Acronis website:
    "We guarantee 48 hours response only for registered users."

Judge for yourself.

2. al92lt1

al92lt1 Registered Member

Here is an email I just sent them after reinstalling Windows.

Hello,
    I am requesting a refund under your 30 day refund policy. The program has been removed from my computer.
    Here is the information:
    Alan Scher

My reason for this request is the total lack of support. I sent 3 emails asking for help and got no response.
    Before I purchased the license, my support questions were answered within 1 or 2 hours. This is what encouraged me to make the purchase.

Every image that I made, on CD, DVD, second hard drive and remote hard drive shows as corrupt when I test it. I could not believe this since it said "image created successfully". To fully test it I attempted to restore an image. After it deleted the partition and started the restore process, I got the "image corrupt" message.
    Naturally when I rebooted, no operating system found. I just finished reinstalling everything and the first thing I am doing is requesting a refund.

Thank you,
    Alan E. Scher

3. SmartyX

Hello al92lt1,

Yes, I am going to request a refund also. Especially with this kind of software you have to be very sure that it works. It's a pity that it doesn't, because the basic-concept of ATI is great, but there are too many bugs.
    I would accept a temporary solution from the helpdesk if they gave it to me, but apparently they don't have one.
    I would even wait untill a next build, if they had given me the impression that they analysed my problem properly. Sadly enough, they didn't.

4. al92lt1

I have been using Powerquest Drive Image 2002 with no problems. I just wanted the ability to back up to a DVD. There is a newer version of Drive Image that claims it CAN backup to a DVD, but Symantec now owns Drive Image and their tech support is $30.00 a call to speak with someone that barely speaks English and is tough to understand so I won't go down that road. I guess I'll stick with Drive Image 2002 for now. I really liked Acronis True Image, too bad it's not ready for prime time. Now the question remains, how much of a hassle will it be to get my refund?

5. SmartyX

Thanks for the tip!

6. al92lt1

Someone fron Acronis must be reading these forums. I just got an email response to all 3 of my support requests, but no real solution.
    Here it is:
    Hello Alan,
    Thank you for uisng Acronis software!

Please accept our apologies for the delayed reply and your inconvenience.

Please let us help you to fix your problems.

> 1. How do you schedule more than 1 scheduled task?
    > 2. How do you delete a scheduled task?

You may see all the created sheduled tasks in Acronis True Image main window.
    You can delete the task with appropriate icon removing.

> I have 2 CD burners but only 1 is recognized by True Image.
    > Both burners appear in MY COMPUTER and are fully functional
    > in all other applications.

Please inform us about the exact model and vemdor of undetected drive.

> Every image that I made, on CD, DVD, second hard drive and remote hard drive
    > shows as corrupt when I test it. I could not believe this since it said
    > "image created successfully". To fully test it I attempted to restore an image.
    > After it deleted the partition and started the restore process,
    > I got the "image corrupt" message.
    > Naturally when I rebooted, no operating system found.

This is a very strange behaviour of Acronis program.
    Please check that you use the latest build,
    that is available on our web site at:
    http://www.acronis.com/support/updates/

To get the access to updates you must
    register your software first at:
    http://www.acronis.com/registration/
    Please do not forget to disable any download managers, internet
    download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Also please download Acronis Report utility, available at
    http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe ,
    run it, create a report and send the generated report.txt file to us.

Please contact us again with reply to this email.
    Thank you for the cooperation.
    --
    Michael Yakhontov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd., Suite 213
    South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com
    Acronis Support Department
    e-mail: support@acronis.com

Acronis... Compute With Confidence

7. al92lt1

As of today 6/18/04, I'm still waiting for refund......

8. al92lt1

Finally, got refund, I'll stick with Drive Image 2002-never had a problem.

9. SmartyX

They gave me a refund also. I must say that the Acronis sales department at info@acronis.com replied quickly to my request. First they offered me to choose a different product, but when I didn't accept it, they arranged a refund for me. Let's hope they can improve True Image.

10. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Drive Image 7 allows backup directly to a DVD and offers better chipset support despite the fact that the app has been out for over 18 months.

TI 7.0 is newer, has had more updates yet still can't write to a DVD and doesn't support as many chipsets. Go figure the logic on that one.

Anton, are we seeing some rather large gaps here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.