very confused between kerio and outpost

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bush_44, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bush_44

bush_44 Guest

both have excellent features but i dont know which to download ?

anyone has a link of a website which firewall is doing better job

2. INTOXSICKATED

INTOXSICKATED Registered Member

why not trial them both and see which one works better for you? personally i like outpost.

3. abhi_mittal

abhi_mittal Registered Member

Personally I like Kerio, but as you were advised, trial both and pick which suits your system better.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

they both have thier advantages. but either way both are really good firewalls. the main consideration in my opinion between two of the best comes down to overall resource usage. and kerio is a huge hog!!!! one of the biggest i have ever tested. generally 25-30mb alone just for kerio!!!! where as outpost usually uses 6-8 on my system sometimes rising to 18 but very rarely. also kerio will pass all leak tests but with some work. it will not do it right off the bat. where as outpost usually will or at least just about all of them. i personally would choose kerio if thier ram usage was a little lower because i much prefer the gui they use. i feel it is laid out so much better and much easier to find things there. but i did get used to outpost and in fact i just bought a license for it. so i am officially outpost now.
    when kerio decides to stop using us as beta testers and release a good working version with some lower resources i would go back in a sec though. i know this prob didnt help much but i trialed both several times before deciding on outpost.

5. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Zfactor my friend :D Do you remember who did advice this firewall for you :D
    Outpost is for sure a solid & good firewall ;)

6. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

yes i have grown to like it. i still like the gui of kerio as said but i feel better with outpost. thanks happy

7. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Hi Happy ! You little jokester you . LOL . Yep . You got me . I will keep NOD anyway . As for Bush : I will tell you that Kerio 4.x version is very good . Is the protection level as high as Outpost ? No . I say this because of the following : Outpost has alot of added features such as , popup , cookie , referrer , active x , java applet , hidden frames control . Some of which Kerio does not have . And the big one . Open Process Control . This is on Outpost and stops rootkits and other baddies . I like Kerio . The 4 . x version . NOT the 2.15 . But , if it means anything to you , I want ONLY the best . So I test them vigorously 3 times a year . Look in my signature and you will see what I use . Good luck and I hope that helps . Not pushing you in either direction . You wanted tp know what differentiates the two . Those are just a few . There are others but , hopefully , this will suffice .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.