Very Annoying - Google Chrome Video Issues Even In Plex

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by tobacco, Apr 8, 2018.

1. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

This has been going on well over a year now and was exposed even further 2 days ago when installing and using Plex Server for the first time on my Windows 10 laptop. Google Chrome is fully updated as well as the laptop.

When trying to watch video, the majority of websites including Youtube work just fine.However, some do not - for example - https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/video/game-in-six--mtl-at-tor/t-277437436/c-59706403 The video just shows a black screen. Other times the video will begin playing but after 5-10 seconds, stops loading and will not advance any further so the video just comes to a halt. Using another Chrome fork (Avast Secure Browser) or Maxthon, all video play without issue!

This problem was further magnified with my recent Plex install. When accessing the server from my laptop (server host) with Google Chrome, i get the EXACT same behavior trying to play localized video files (mp4). If i access the server on the host using Maxthon or ASB, again, they ALL play just fine!

Searching the web hasn't turned up any solutions so any input you may have would be appreciated !!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.