Version info

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Tinribs, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Just a small query that is bugging me, I obviously have the up to date definitions (V1.350 i believe) but when I open the main programme to do a full scan in the bottom left corner it tells me its v1.337?
    Does this mean the main scanner is using an older file set? or am I being paranoid ;)

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Tinribs,

Well, I could not reproduce that on two different O/S's - shows up just as it should.

regards,

paul

3. Tinribs

Tinribs Registered Member

Hmmmthe plot thickens, I uninstalled Nod and reinstalled and the problem is cured, and if you view my other thread about a file not being detected its quite relevant and the problem obviously went deeper than I thought. But cured now and fingers crossed it doesn't happen again :)

4. GuruGuy

GuruGuy Guest

I'd like to know how this could have happened. Serious flaw someplace that could have "BAD" consequences!

5. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

> I'd like to know how this could have happened. Serious flaw someplace that could have "BAD" consequences!

I've never heard of anything like this happening before.

All NOD32 components use the same antivirus database, and theoretically, what happened on Tinribs' machine can't happen.

That's not to say it can't happen in reality ... obviously it did ... but there is no logical explanation "why" ... and without a hands-on examination of the computer, there's no way of finding out. (Maybe not even then ... some things remain a mystery forecer.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.