Version 7.0638. No NORMAL compression

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by art k, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. art k

art k Registered Member

After I upgraded to 638, selecting NORMAL compression results in HIGH compression. Why?

2. It's a bug. Compression levels are mismarked except for 'None":

None = None
    Minimal should be Normal
    Normal should be High
    High should be Maximum

Maybe the next update will cure this behavior. Hell, maybe the next update will make ATI compatible with RAID. One can only hope...

3. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hi

I'm not sure whether Acronis intend taking TI 7 beyond Build 738. In which case you'll probably have to bite the bullet and upgrade to TI 8 Build 774. This build sorts out the compression level settings, time to create an image and provides support for certain additional SATA/PATA RAID controllers (amongst other things). A couple of minor, non critical, error messages can pop up but these have been identified by Acronis and the fixes will appear in the next udate to TI 8.

That's not to say build 774 will work with all HDD controllers (RAID or otherwise) or hardware configurations that are currently out there. As with any complex software, you should try before you buy if at all possible.

Regards

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello

The thing is that our Development Team has decided to change the names of compression levels and so this minor problem appears (it doesn't touch the compression level itself). I will alert our developers of this issue. As I understood they have fixed it in Acronis True Image 8.0 but forget to do it in the 7.0 version.

Thank you.

5. art k

art k Registered Member

Thanks, all. Guess I'll just live with it. unless there's a new build :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.