Version .563 seems to be the one

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by delah, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delah

delah Registered Member

In my case anyway!

Delighted to report that this version is flying on two of my pc's that I have installed it on.

1 x Xp Home
    1 x Vista Ultimate

I initially installed the ESS trial (which is stuck at v.551 <---I think this is a very bad move by ESET) and my XP Home had no problems with it at all.
    However, Vista after a reboot was frozen and no amount of coaxing could thaw it out.
    Booting into Safe mode to remove v.551 did no good - it can't be removed in safe mode, so to all out there please make a backup of your system prior to trialling ESS.

I decided to take the plunge and buy a 3 user upgrade from NOD2.7 as the suite was working flawlessly on the XP machine (I have two more XPs on my network)

I could then download the most up-to-date version (v.563) and this is also working like a charm.
    In fact, so well that it works perfectly on Vista now.

I would implore ESET to take v.551 off their servers as this trial version is absolutely giving your company a really bad name.

Allow people who MIGHT buy your new software a chance to get a working copy of it and try it out.

So far, I have not had any freezing, BSODs or LAN loss.

A tentative (and welcome at last) thumbs up from me...:thumb:

2. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

I'm a subscriber to Smart Security. How do I get the latest version (I'm using Version .560)? And, when I get it, must I do a complete new install, or install over the current version? Thanks!

3. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

4. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

but be aware there are some trouble with installiing on top in XP - I needed to use unlocker for log files in all users/eset folder an unlock them to be able to uninstall the 551 version or install 563 on top

Ruben

5. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

No problems here - works like a dream

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Of course it can be removed in Safe Mode . One must only know how to do it.

7. delah

delah Registered Member

Well share with the board then?;)

8. ASpace

ASpace Guest

There are two ways - one is fully in Safe Mode , the other is partially in Safe Mode

Option 1
    1.1 Boot in Safe Mode
    1.2 Visit Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services and start the Windows Installer service
    1.3 Open Start->Programs->ESET and uninstall the program

Option 2
    2.1 Boot in Safe Mode
    2.2 Visit Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services , find the ESET's service and change it to Manually .
    2.3 Reboot
    2.4 After reboot , terminate the egui.exe and open Start->Programs->ESET to uninstall the program

Should anything in step (1.3) or (2.4) fails , one can run the installer and perform Repair Install of the program and perform Uninstallation . I haven't personally tried option 1 for ESET product but generally speaking it should work :thumb:

9. delah

delah Registered Member

Thanks Hi-Tech

10. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome!:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.