Version 5 Warning

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DLCrow, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DLCrow

DLCrow Registered Member

I've been using Nod32 v4.x on all family computers (WinXP\Vista\Win7) for a while now and have loved it. My current registration is good through 2013. Last week I got an email from ESET telling me I could upgrade to version 5 for free and included a link to Dload. The email said my current User Name/Password would be valid. "Great" I thought (foolishly). I went to the web site to read about version 5 and thought it looked good. I uninstalled my Comodo firewall and proceeded to install Nod32 v5.x. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. The new version did NOT accept my license and tech support has been useless. The thing that really gets me is that the moronic programmer put the User Name/Password dialog at the END of the Nod32 installation process instead of the beginning. I could have backed out of the install process when told my User Name/Password was invalid if they had put the activation at the beginning of the install!!!. Then I would not have to spend hours trying to uninstall/remove/reinstall. Nor would I have screwed up my pristine Win7 registry/OS/hard drive. WOW, is this rocket science or common sense?? Oh and BTW, if you reboot your computer while the message still says you are using an expired license it will uninstall the program upon reboot automatically leaving your computer without firewall or AV. I rebooted and walked away to take a nap which left my computer online w/o any protection for an hour. I'm really NOT a happy camper with ESET right now. Why didn't they just email me a virus attached and tell me to open it. Would have been less trouble!

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Did you type it in or copy and pasted it or did you just leave for the installer to pick up the existing one?

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

^^ agreed i have had no issue using a v4 lic in v5 and i have 9 systems with v5 now..for some reason when i typed it in it would not accept it so i copied it and it worked fine

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Copy and Paste is the recommended way AFAIK.

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There is absolutely no difference in authentication between v4 and v5. If a license works for v4 , it must work for v5 as well and vice-versa. I'd suggest contacting customer care to check your actual license status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.