Version 4.2.64 issue with network files

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by pettdogg1, Sep 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettdogg1

pettdogg1 Registered Member

I have a client running Server 2008 R2 Std with ESET Business Antivirus and we just ugpraded them to version 4.2.64. Once we did this Windows 7 workstations on the network get slow access speeds to files on the server. XP Workstations do not seem to be affected. If I uninstall ESET on the server the performance goes back to normal. I am going to install version 4.0 to confirm it is isolated to the latest edition, but wanted to check and see if anyone else was experiencing this issue?

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello pettdogg1,

Is the scanning of "Network drives" under "Real-time file system protection" disabled, as shown here?

BFG

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  3. pettdogg1

pettdogg1 Registered Member

Yes I have network drive scanning disabled. I have still not resolved this issue, however rolling back to version .57 seems to take care of it. I have tried version .67 and it does the same. I have not tried the latest .7x yet.

4. tony_m

tony_m Eset Staff Account

5. dmaasland

dmaasland Registered Member

Also, I would recommend upgrading to 4.2.71. There were some server network performance fixes introduced in 4.2.67.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.