version 4.0 scans while running PeerGuardian & BT

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by coyote2, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coyote2

coyote2 Registered Member

NOD32 scans are taking longer on one of my PCs, *far* longer when I'm also running PeerGuardian and downloading with bittorrent (using Vuze).

the last scanned file is changing. but it is also alternating with showing PeerGuardian files, and the files Vuze is downloading.

How should I configure NOD32 version 4.0 to work with PeerGuardian and Vuze, please?
    (with version 3.0, these applications weren't slowing my scans.)

thanks!
    coyote

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Have you tried excluding the Vuze and PG folders?

3. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

You can try to exclude Vuze and PG from web protection (put a cross in the box) and see is there any difference.
    With Azureus (Vuze) I've had high ekrn.exe CPU usage upon starting and long time after starting...so excluding folders (as elapsed mentioned) may be of use.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  4. Kingy

Kingy Registered Member

Can you please tell me exactly how I exclude certain programs from web protection (put a cross in the box)?

5. elapsed

If you're on Vista, you don't.

6. wrathchild

wrathchild Registered Member

If you're on XP then in advanced setup under Web access protection > HTTP, HTTPS > Web browsers you can exclude applications from web filtering (put a cross in the box).

7. coyote2

will excluding the folders for those applications (Program Files, and Application Data, including the folder for the actual torrent data) hinder my protection if something I download with Vuze is infected, or will NOD32 still protect me as much in realtime?

(Incidentally, I tried "Active Mode" for these applications because that looked safe, but that didn't help. Then I tried returning to v3.0...and that helped, in that the scan completed, but it took twice as long as before I went to v4.0, perhaps because I noticed settings held over from v4.0 [like the "Active mode" settings]; eventually I might need to try deleting folders after another uninstall.)

8. elapsed

As long as you're not saving the files to the same dir you're fine, most people don't do this.

9. coyote2

yes, I save the files to a different folder (than either application, and either of the program's Program Files and Application Data), so I'll try excluding the programs (but not the downloaded files) and see how that goes, many thanks all!

coyote

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.