Version 3.1

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by n00b, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n00b

n00b Guest

What am I doing wrong here. No matter where I download version 3.1 from, after it is installed it says 3.0.

The file size is bigger than the 3.0 file I had saved.

Is this right, or did someone forget to change the 0 to a 1 in the new version?

-n00b

2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

did u try getting it from majorgeeks?

also try uninstalling the 1 b4 (3.0)

3. noob

noob Guest

I tried all the mirrors and get the same file. I've also installed it on other computers that have never had it installed.

-noob

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You never actually said, but since the post is in this forum - Are you talking about SpywareBlaster from Javacool? The new version definitely shows that is version 3.1 when it's been installed.

And on each of those PCs it shows version 3.0 installed, not 3.1? Where are you looking at the version number exactly? Below is the main screen on my SpywareBlaster 3.1 install. If you click on "Version" on the lower left of the main screen, the About info box shows the version much clearer.

Oh, and the 3.1 install kit sitting on disk here shows a size of 2,215KB (2.16MB).

Attached Files:

5. n00b

n00b Guest

Very odd. I'm wondering if our proxy is caching the old version.. But I dont think the file names are the same.

Whats the file size for 3.1?

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The 3.1 install kit sitting on disk here shows a size of 2,215KB (2.16MB).

It could be a proxy issue I suppose, however, some of the download sites name the file specifically so this can't happen. The one at this site has "31" right in the filename:

http://ct7support.com/downloads/javacool/s3100/spywareblastersetup31.exe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.