Version 3.0 and Windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by JVM, Oct 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVM

JVM Registered Member

I ran the Windows 7 Update Advisor and it reported minor issues would occur with Windows 7. Are there any known issues using version 3 AV and Windows 7?

I will be using 64-bit Windows 7.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

3. JVM

JVM Registered Member

I use just the AV, not security suite. I should have made that clear in my original post.

4. ccomputertek

ccomputertek Registered Member

I tried NOD 3.0 on windows 7, it worked fine, besides saying it couldn't intergrate with security center in windows 7.

5. JVM

JVM Registered Member

Is that the security suite or AV version you use? By that inability to integrate, what was the resulting problem, just not being listed?

6. ccomputertek

AV, It could not report on NOD32 because it couldn't detect it, but physically it worked fine otherwise though.Mabe the new eav_nt32_enu 3.0.694 changes that and allows it to be recognised by whatever they call security center in windows 7, I have uninstalled Win 7, so I don't remember.

7. JVM

JVM Registered Member

I see version 4 listed as compatible with Windows 7 but not version 3. Perhaps it is that problem you mentioned with security center.

I can't help asking, were you dissatisfied with Windows 7?

8. ccomputertek

Allthough Win 7 ran better than it's older brother vista, I just do not like the fact that microsoft " forces " to many thing on you in Win 7.I like the fact that I can still make vista exactly how I want it.No classic start menu ETC. in Win 7 and I don't like how the show desktop thing is, and I saw no way to change it, among other things you seem to be " stuck with " in 7.

I doubt even if they make a service pack 3 or even 4 for vista that vista still won't run clumsy like and sort of sluggish.But I still like vista.They are focusing on Win 7 and up now, so you can forget about windows Vista improvements I bet :blink:

The fact that windows 7 doesn't recognise NOD or ESS 3.0 is not a big deal for some, just you will have to monitor it yourself instead of security center notifications about it.But then again, I read the new NOD 3.0 now it recognises it or something like that.

9. JVM

JVM Registered Member

Thanks for the explanation. I have 3 new SSD and Windows 7 aside from generally being faster than Vista, also has support for TRIM that Vista will not have. Not only that, but there are a number of other improvements geared to SSD users.

10. ccomputertek

Even windows XP supports SSD, so i'm not too worried about that.Will wait till SSD's are as fast as DDR2 mem at least before I even look into them.

11. JVM

JVM Registered Member

No, I don't think you have TRIM support in XP--and it will not be in Vista. There are other things specific to SSD in Windows 7. Windows 7 will detect SSD and make changes accordingly--XP and Vista will not do that, nor will they have TRIM support.

12. JVM

JVM Registered Member

SSD is much faster than mechanical/rotating drives.

13. ccomputertek

When they are as fast as the technology allows, being as fast as DDR RAM at least, then mabe i'll consider them, right now their behind themselves though IMO.When they can move thousands of megs per second instead of a couple hundred I mean.

14. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I am not aware fo any issues, however I would recommend downloading the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus (currently at v4.0.467.0), uninstalling the currently-installed version, performing the operating system upgrade and then installing the latest version of ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

15. JVM

JVM Registered Member

I will be doing a clean install of Windows 7, so whichever NOD32 version I use will be installed once.

I have been using V3 AV for a long time and haven't had any problems; on the other hand, I have read about some issues with V4 and feel more comfortable with V3 AV, not security suite. The Eset website does state V4 is compatible with Windows 7, but it does not state that for V3, which is said to have minor issues in Windows 7 by Windows 7 Update Advisor.

16. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

If it helps I will say that although I myself have had some previous issues with v4, the current build seems to work fine for me in Windows 7 x64.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.