Version 3.0.650 vs Firewall

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fidelius, Apr 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fidelius

Fidelius Registered Member

Hello,

Firstly the configuration of my PC :

Windows XP SP2 home edition 32 bits. 1 Gb ram. Intel core2 duo. Firefox 2.0.0.14. ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5.094. No others AV installed.
    ZAPro is set to block all mobile code (block javascript, block scripts, block embedded objects, block mine-type integrated objects). I make some exceptions for some trusted sites. Nod32 2.7.39 works fine.

Yesterday, I installed EAV 3.0.650 using the Blackspear's instructions. I had difficulties surfing on the web. Each time I wanted to access a web page with Shockwave Flash animations, the site told me to install Flash. Furthermore, I also noticed ZAPro did not show anymore the sites visited in : Privacy -> Site list -> Site.
    I had to shut down ZAPro to surf the web normally.

So I revert back to 2.7.39 and everything is OK again.

2. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,
    I'm currently using (since a long time now) NOD 32 (v3.0.650, since 2.7.39) and ZA Pro 7.0.473...

- NOD32 default configuration
    - ZAPro 7 : only firewall activated (neither privacy nor cookies and antispyware)...

IE7 now delete all cookies when quitting, I'm using ccleaner regularly...

Everything is fine !!!
    Personnaly, I find blackspear configuration too highly customized and that's not good for performances and compatibility...

Regards

3. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I'm running NOD 32 Business Edition 3.0.650.0 with ZoneAlarm Pro 7.0.473.000 on Windows XP Pro (SP2) without any problems.

I keep my ZoneAlarm configured with 'Cookie Control,' 'Ad Blocking' and 'Mobile Code Control' switched off. Instead of these three goodies, I use Firefox 2.0.0.14 in conjunction with the extensions 'CookieSafe, 'Adblock Plus' and 'NoScript.' I find three extensions to be lighter, quicker, more customizable and upgraded more often than the 3 functions that I keep switched off on my ZoneAlarm.

BTW, I keep the 'HTTP checking' function disabled in my NOD 32 - I find my browsing much more quicker (this is a personal preferences and not a suggestion.) NOD 32 anyways has one of the best real-time file system protection.

4. Fidelius

Thank you for your answer.
    I have another question when scanning for viruses with Winrar 2.9. With version 2.7 I select "User defined" and put "C:\Program Files\ESET\nod32.exe" in the name and path of executable , and ""%f" /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+" in Antivirus parameters. What must I put into these boxes with 3.0.650 ?
    Thank you.

5. Eryan

Eryan Eset Staff Account

Hi, I think this would be the closest to what you are trying to do in 2.7:

"C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\ecls.exe" /adware /adv-heur /files /arch /heur /rtp /quarantine /boots /sfx /unsafe /action=clean /logfile=log.txt

6. Fidelius

Thank you for your answer Eyrian and others people. For the moment I keep v 2.7.39 and I shall upgrade to v 3 when some bugs are fixed (ZApro 5 for instance).
    The expiration date is on October 2008 so I hope Eset makes some good job until it.

7. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We're not aware of any conflicts with ZA pro. Did you use default settings? Did disabling the real-time file or web protection make a difference?

8. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

1) What bugs are you referring to, and
    2) What is the reason for persisting with the outdated ZoneAlarm Pro 5 instead of upgrading to the latest version (7.0.473.000)o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.