Version 3.0.642 slows system to a crawl

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Sir George, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir George

Sir George Registered Member

After trying the initial release and each update of Version 3, I have decided to abandon EAV. I installed the most recent version, 3.0.642, today, and the performance of my system was so negatively affected that I uninstalled it immediately after performing some routine tasks.

The main reason I choose to use Nod32 was because of the small footprint and great performance; that was with version 2.x. Since the introduction of version 3.x, I have not been satisfied with the product and will forfeit the balance of my paid subscription which is good until June 2009.

I realize I could continue to use Version 2.x, but, at sometime in the future, support for it will be discontinued and I would rather find a replacement now then wait until that time.

I am not writing this to solicit any response from the group, but merely to express my view about the latest version.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The question is whether you used default settings (e.g advanced heuristics is not enabled on access by default - this option was not supported in v2). Do you experience the slow down even if no operation like copying or installing files is not being performed.

3. Zykan

Zykan Registered Member

Do you need to log the firewall, and vice versa; excluding logging for both will save resources and could be your problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.