Version 2 problems +++

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by acrandon, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acrandon

acrandon Registered Member

Have been running NOD32 V1 for last couple of years without any problems.
    Have upgraded to V 2. After installation complete a a re-boot I get an error message: "Nod32krn has caused an error in IMON.DLL" "Nod32krn will now close" This is then followed by a series of the same error messages with respect to: Msbb; Nole391; Cmesys; Loadqm; Gmt; all with respect to IMON.DLL
    I then get "Error occured during communication with NOD32 Kernal Service"
    If I try to then log onto my ISP (Bigpond cable connection) I get another error message saying "Bigpond has caused an error in IMON.DLL" and the attempted connection to my ISP fails.
    If I remove NOD32 then everything works.
    I am running Windows ME.
    Any answers??

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi acrandon,

Looking at that list of error messages makes me think your machine is loaded with spyware.

Download Spybot - Search & Destroy
    After installing, first press Online, and search for, put a check mark at, and install all updates.
    Next, close all IE windows, hit 'Check for Problems', and have SpyBot remove all it marks in red.

Or, download Ad-Aware at lavasoft.usa.com
    After installing AAW, and before running the program, update by using the Globe icon.
    Shut down and restart Ad-Aware.
    Now press "Scan Now", "Select drives\folders to scan" and select the active partition (usually C: ), then 'next', and let Ad-Aware scan your drives.
    It will find a number of "bad" files and registry keys. Click 'Next' again.
    Rightclick in that pane and choose "select all" and click 'next'.
    It will ask you whether you'd like to remove all checked items. Click OK.
    Finally, close Ad-Aware, and reboot.

If that does not fix it, please go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'.
    Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan".

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button.
    Press that, save the log as a .txt file, and copy and paste its contents into your next post.

Most of what it lists will be harmless, so do not fix anything yet.

Regards,

Pieter

3. acrandon

Pieter,
    Thanks, I'll work my way through these and let you know the outcome. ;)
    Alex

4. acrandon

Pieter,
    Thank you for the advice. Spybot - Search & Destroy got rid of some annoying pop-ups and some errors but still had problems with "Nod32krn has caused an error in IMON.DLL"
    Tried Ad-Aware which found quite a lot of extra "bad" files. These are now eliminated; took a few runs and getting Ad-Aware to run on re-boot but the problems are now all fixed and NOD 32 runs without problems.
    Another satisfied customer :D
    Alex

5. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi acrandon,

My pleasure. So you could say thanks to NOD32 you even got rid of a load of spyware. :D

Can you recall if there was anything in the removed spyware that used the winsock?
    F.e. WebHancer or NewDotNet.

Regards,

Pieter

6. acrandon

Pieter,

Sorry but I can't answer your question. Spybot found some 390+ files and Ad-Aware found another 278. I cannot remember for certain whether any used Winsock but I have a feeling some did.

I'll keep my eyes open for this and let you know in the future. Yes, you were correct. NOD32 not only cleared up viruses but was reponsible for sorting out lots of other very annoying problems with pop-ups and computer freezes.

Alex

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.