version 10 broken

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jweisbin, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jweisbin

jweisbin Registered Member

Was using Trueimage 9 home on Windows XP Pro SP-2, no problems. Just upgraded to version 10, now I get "insufficient resources to complete operation" in the logs whenever I try to backup, restore, or validate an older backup.

2. jweisbin

Re-installed version 9 and it still gives this error. Seems to be one disk drive that's the problem. I ran a complete check disk on it and it's OK, no other problems with the drive. Something's wrong with my system.

Sigh

Operation with partition "0-0" was terminated.
    Details:
    Read error (0x70003)
    Tag = 0x0
    Error reading the file. (0x40001)
    function = "ReadFile"
    Tag = 0x7CEB2CDC9FB11FF6
    Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. (0xFFF0)
    code = FFFFFFFF800705AA
    Tag = 0xBD28FDBD64EDB816

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

Have you perhaps had an automatic download of an MS update between when everything worked and now?

Did you use chkdsk /r/f ?

What happens if you kill as many running tasks as possible in Task Manager - don't kill explorer your system will shut down.

Check for Malware and or a Worm having snuck itself onto your system.

Colin

4. jweisbin

Spyware Doctor reported some mild spyware but cleaned it up. ClamAV reports no viruses. I can backup, validate, and restore from my boot drive, but not to a Maxtor 300 GB drive on the secondary IDE master. Maybe there is a problem with that drive, but chkdsk reports no problems. I need to get another 300 GB drive to back it up to, then I'll try a new drive.

Thanks.

5. stevech

stevech Registered Member

can the original poster go edit this thread's title?
    Since he was wrong?

It's so ill-advised to post such declarative thread titles.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

You can edit the title of subsequent Posts but there is no way to edit the original Thread title without the assistance of one of the Wilders Security Forum Administrators (or possibly a Forum Moderator).

Regards

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

This is always a problem on forums and newsgroups - poor titles. Posters can help expedite responses by posting a meaningful title. Things like "can't validate external drive" or "error 123456 on restore" are much more helpful than "doesn't work" or "please help".

8. jweisbin

Actually, after much testing, I think version 10 is broken. This is what I found:

I used my Acronis rescue disk to boot into and to recover from backup clones. There was no problem doing this. Then I started with the most recent and worked my way back until I got to a backup which worked - at each iteration I tested TrueImage, whichever version was installed - by trying to validate a backup image. If I got the "insufficient resources" message, I went to an earlier backup and tested again. I finally got to an image on which an older version of TrueImage 9 was installed that worked. Then I installed version 10 and tested it again - got the "insufficient resources" message. So I uninstalled version 10 and installed the last build of version 9, and it now works. This whole process took me two days - what a waste of time, and money.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jweisbin,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Since you are able to successfully back up/restore/validate the image archive stored on the hard drive other than Maxtor 300 GB drive please do the following:

- Create a new backup using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home under Windows and store it to the local hard drive (not Maxtor);

- Copy the created backup to the Maxtor hard drive;

- Validate this backup using Validate Archive tool (Tool -> Validate Archive) of Acronis True Image both under Windows and when booted from Acronis True Image Bootable CD and let us know the exact check-out result.

Please also create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

10. jweisbin

I replaced the Maxtor drive with a new Seagate drive. Same problem. True Image 10 cannot backup, restore, or validate from that drive when booted in XP. But it can when booted from the recovery disk. Originally I was getting "insufficient resources to complete command" but now I am getting "image is corrupt" messages. I filed a report with Acronis and we have gone back and forth several times with them requesting information, system reports, etc, but it's still not fixed. In the meantime I installed Novastor Backup and it works, though I would prefer to use True Image if I can get it to work, because of the additional disk cloning and creation tools.

Sigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.