Verizon's Creepy Idea to Spy on TV Viewers

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Dec 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Verizon's Creepy Idea to Spy on TV Viewers.

-- Tom

2. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

It seems that these ideas are becoming more popular lately. This is troublesome for two reasons: first, because the corporations are even considering this, and second because people don't necessarily reject this kind of ideas. If people would speak clearly against this form of spying, there would be no real object to this kind of patents.

3. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

I wonder how they might implement this, if the crazies in charge get approval. There are many current users of Verizon's FiOS service, so lots of cable boxes & dvr's out there already. Would Verizon look to subscribers to return their equipment, and swap out for the new spy-boxes? Would current users be grandfathered in, and only new subscribers be affected? I have FiOS, I wouldn't want any part of this..

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I don't even need TV, but this idea will unfortunately spread to other services (unless repealed).

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

there will have to be some kind of camera or detection product in the units and if this gets put in place i will simply cover the whole front with something like electric tape or blackout contact paper and just leave a VERY tiny hole for the ir remote sensor or if it becomes built into the ir sensor ill get a ir repeater and place that underneath the tape or contact paper against the normal eye and then use the sensor mounted on top of the side of the unit, there is no way in hell this would fly nor would i allow this in my home from any company ever. if the box is in my home ill cover it up if i want to and let them see a solid black picture. or however they do it there will for sure be a way to block it in some kind of manor. and someone will figure out a way im sure to block the mic if there was one or use something to simply send feedback into it etc..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.