Verifying NOD32 Update Setup info

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pepito, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pepito

pepito Registered Member

Is there any way to verify that you've typed in the correct username and password into NOD32 Update Setup?

I'm always careful and try to use cut/paste from the Eset email but ocassionally I strike a snag when installing or renewing NOD32 on customer machines where the manual update works while I'm there working on the PC but later when I'm not the automated update fails with:

"Update attempt failed (Incorrect username or password.)"

only to discover when I return visit the customer that I've made a single character error or used an uppercase in the password.

thanks peeps :)

2. User__

User__ Guest

Presumably, after the machine has rebooted after the installation you could just try manually updating NOD32 anyway, which would

-Confirm you've typed the account information correctly
    -Raise the level of virus protection for your customer

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Manuel update will only work with the correct UN and PW. We test it before it leaves the shop, though we do use the Eval license until the customers arrives by email.

Cheers :D

4. pepito

pepito Registered Member

hi there,

Yes I do that, but by that time NOD32 has already updated itself and so a manual update reports that no updates are available.

It seems that NOD32 only uses the installed Username and Password if it determines that there are updates to download.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.