Verifying Archive in TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sneddy, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneddy

Sneddy Registered Member

I generally make brand new full backups on an external hard drive. Recently when doing one I noticed the backup completed successfully but when I went to the backup file on the hard drive it did not have the normal Acronis icon (just a generic one). Is this of concern? All previous ones (several) had the Acronis file icon. Thanks, Sneddy

2. Wandering2

Wandering2 Registered Member

Icons are supplied by the operating system if it recognizes the file. It's possible the file is damaged, or you did not put the .tib extention on it. Try renaming it and see what happens. anythingyoulike.tib

You can run a verify on the file, but all that does is check internal checksums in the file to newly computed ones. It spots some problems, but does NOT verify the image will provide a reliable restoration.

Good luck

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Sneddy,

Thank you for using Acronis Programs

Can you please clarify the exact title of the program and the build number? First of all please make sure that you are using the latest build of the program. Check it in Help -> About. You can always download the latest build of the program from your account under Registered Products.

As workaround try to do the following. Right-click on the icon -> Properties -> general tab -> Change -> Make sure that Windows Explorer is set as recommended programs.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.