Here is the original problem posted in: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=337771 Paragon B&R12 latest version running under Windows 8. This is not the problem since I find it exists on earlier versions and OSs. 1. Create archive on internal HD and Verify. 2. Copy archive to USB drive using Windows Explorer. 3. Verify archive on USB drive to ensure it copied properly. The last step is my problem. I cannot verify the archive on the USB drive. I select it using File View and all looks well but closer examination shows that the archive being Verified is the one on the internal HD. I tried removing the one on the internal from the database and it still did the same thing. This is scary because it looks like it is performing the operation correctly but it isn't. Am I overlooking something? I submitted a formal support request to Paragon and this is the result: If verifying an archive with the File View select the archive's .PBF file not the folder containing the archive. If you select the archive's folder it will immediately start verifying where the database is pointing. The archive copied to the USB drive will verify correctly in File View by selecting the .PBF file if the partitions contained in the archive are each in one file, that is, they are not split. The problem with the split archives is that near the end of each file in the archive (the .000, .001, .002 etc files) there is the path to the next slice. So if the original archive was created in D:\MyArchives\archivename and was copied to K:\USBdrive\... there will be an entry at the end of the .000 file like D:\MyArchives\archivename.001. The verification then jumps to the D drive file when we wanted it to remain within the K drive. According to Paragon this is intended having something to do with the risk of duplicate archive names but I'm not sure I understand the reason but it is intended. The problem can be avoided by not splitting or by renaming the folder containing the archive that was originally created. There is a mechanism that tells Paragon to stay on the drive being used if the file referenced at the end of the archive does not exist. I tested this by adding the word Remove to the folder name of the originally created archive and it worked. Using Remove also gives me a clue as to what is wrong if I forget about it. Of course, the other solution is to not copy archives but to create them on the USB drive in the first place which then makes the file names correct. Very happy with Paragon support.