VeraCrypt 1.17

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Robin A., Feb 15, 2016.

1. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

2. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Going through all this in the final release. Looks very promising especially halving the mount time for those using strong PIM hardening on the headers. Unicode passwords can be a great entropy addition.

I have been testing this in a VM just to keep safe until I am convinced this code is solid. Looks strong.

3. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

There are also several speed improvements with this new version. In meantime another beta is out, so they constantly working on it. I highly recommend to use it, especially because it's available for almost all platforms.

Love it. :-*

4. mantra

mantra Registered Member

i like it too
    hope it's very stable
    what i don't like is they don't support UEFI/GPT and won't support it for linux and osx system , i guess only for windows os

5. CHEFKOCH

CHEFKOCH Registered Member

Huh? It's avaible for all systems, please look here and here. On Windows UEFi support is coming. I guess soon or later if UEFI is more widely used they may handle it on every system, in meantime you can convert e.g. GPT to MBR with this guide.

Just give the project some time.

6. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

7. Veracrypt is a excellent tool. I highly recommend it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.