Ver 10 cant see drive

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by HauntingMorgana, Dec 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HauntingMorgana

HauntingMorgana Registered Member

I just bought the True Image 10 home version.

My drive setup is as follows-

C: boot drive primary master

D: dvd burner secondary master

other drive on raid channel primary master

other drive on raid channel secondary master

The problem is, using the boot cd for True image, the last drive on the above list is missing.

Before I had True image 7, and the boot cd always saw this drive.

I'm starting to think that maybe upgrading to ver 10 was a mistake.

Btw- highpoint raid controller.

also- not using raid- setp up to use drives only.

Thanks.

2. HauntingMorgana

HauntingMorgana Registered Member

K, no replies at all?

Good god, should have stuck with ver 7.

Can I have my damned money back then? (never mind)

Heh, dont mind me. I just almost had a heart attack because i needed to restore from an image, and the image drive couldnt be seen, so I went bonkers! I ended up booting into windows and just copying an image file to another drive and restored from that.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2006
  3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello HauntingMorgana,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please do the following:

- Create Acronis Report, Windows System Information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

If you do not have a floppy drive then please take a look at this previous post explaining how to save the sysinfo.txt file to USB flash drive (the same applies to the net.txt file).

- Provide the exact vendor and model of the RAID controller and hard drives you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. cdikland

cdikland Registered Member

I have bben running version 9.3677 on my Dell Dimension4400/WinXP Pro with no problems. Now I have upgraded to Dimension9200 and I have the same problem o_O The boot CD version sees my USB drive (Disk1) but nothing else. I tried what was advised above but it made no difference/

5. cdikland

Does Version 9.x and up support Serial ATA drives under the standalone (Linux?) boot version?? It is really annoying knowing I cant do a full backup of my system disk (Well, I can but how would I restore it??)

6. cdikland

o_O Is there no one who can answer this question?

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Yes, it does. I have only SATA drives and it works fine.

8. cdikland

Well, then I am stumped. o_O

9. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Since we are down to last ditch guessing, I thought I'd share with you that I had identical symptoms where the Linux 3677 could not see my SATA drive, but it could be seen from the Windows version.

Eventually, I double-checked the version of ATI on my CD-RW (marked V9 build 3677 on the label) and it turned out to be build 3633. This was the original build I used when I bought the product, I had upgraded my Windows version to 3677 at a later date, and had not only forgotten to update the rescue disk, but had written the latest build number (3677 at the time) on the disk label :oops:

Obviously this was a bit embarrasing. I am sure that you wouldn't be in the same position as I was, but you may like to check after booting into rescue mode that the Linux version of TI really is 3677.

F.

10. cdikland

That is just it. The PC in question is the replacement machine. I installed true Image 9.3677 AND immediately created a new boot cd from this installation. In fact, I created several and they too became coasters:doubt:

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cdikland,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD is Linux based and has it's own assortment of drivers for the wide variety of modern hardware. Also as seekforever mentioned SATA drives are supported when booted into the standalone version of Acronis True Image. The reason for the issue you have experienced may be either lack of drivers for the particular hard drive controller you use or the fact that the existing drivers do not work correctly. Therefore, first, I would recommend that you download and install the e latest build (3854) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Create a new Bootable CD using the latest build and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, please collect the information I have requested in 3 and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I have had a mix of SATA and IDe drives on several machines going back to Ver 9, actually 8 iirc, and ATI has worked on them fine--always found the drives and did backups and restores.

13. cdikland

:D Yahooooooo... I downloaded/installed Version 9 build 3854 and created a new boot CD. It worked. All my drives are now visible. :cool:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.