ver 10.0 can't reboot

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by lsilva, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsilva

lsilva Registered Member

I upgraded from ver 9.0 to ver 10. I activated the system restore option (F11 at boot up). When I did a soft reboot (restart), the system hangs at the motherboard vendor display (does not get into the boot sequence).

If I power off and then back on after a delay, it boots up okay, displaying the F11 msg.

How do I fix this? I can't find an option to remove the system restore option (F11) since I suspect this caused the problem.

Lionel

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

If you delete your Secure Zone (via Manage Secure Zone), the Startup Recovery Manager will disappear. You should note however, that deleting the SZ will delete any images stored in there.
    If you still want to use a SZ, you can set one up again, but next time, don't activate the SRM. Activating the SRM is never a good idea as it modifies your MBR (as you have discovered).:cool:

3. lsilva

lsilva Registered Member

Will deleting the zone undo the change that is keeping me from rebooting? Do I need to uninstall/reinstall True Image? How do I get back to my original MBR?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Yes Providing you use the manage secure zone wizard. Any other method will leave you with further problems.
    You will have your original MBR back again.
    You will be able to allocate the newly released space back to your drive/s as part of the removal process.

Xpilot

5. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Take care to select the partition/s to which you want the previously used SZ space allocated, otherwise you will end up with unallocated space.:cool:

6. Peter Wilding

Peter Wilding Registered Member

Same problems here guys.

After either cloning C: or restoring an image file to C: the system won't reboot.

<snip>

removed excess editorial - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.