VCOM PowerDesk Pro 6 for $9.95 for one week

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Chubb, Mar 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

Good deal! I snatched that one.
    Thanks for posting!

3. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Seeing this offer I thought I might try something else than Totalcommander that I have used since 1995. I have tried other filemanagers but once you are used to something it is hard to change a habit (well atleast at my age :) ). So I figured that if I buy it I would feel that I have to use it so the money wont be thrown in a black hole..
    But when I try to install it, it complains that the serial I got is not valid o_O
    Maybe I have been spoiled by Prevx1 support, I thought I might get any response from their support why the serial does not work, at least within the first day, but nothing yet. Hopefully it will be resolved next week.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2007
  4. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Thanx for the heads-up Chubb.
    Was always disappointed that I could not get an upgrade from PowerDesk 4 w/o paying full price (due to Ontrack's sale to VCOM)

5. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

I'm guessing they are offering this because a version 7 is in the works or coming out soon. Probably updated to work with Vista.

6. wilbertnl

wilbertnl Registered Member

Sukarof,

At first I had the same problem, but after I checked where the dashes go, I got the serial valid.

7. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Oh my god. It is me who are plain stupid! I didn't not notice that the first four characters of the serial was already printed in the window (they where sort of integrated into to window already.) So I didn't have to enter the full serial I got :oops:

Thanks for your reply wilbernl!! made me check things more carefully.

Funnily enough at the same time as I read your post I saw that I had a nice response from the support.

I did try the free version before I purchased the Pro version in Vista (knowing that Powerdesk doesnt claim to be Vista compatibel). Not that I did check everything in the software but the install and everything I tried did work in Vista. But if it wont work for the more advanced features in the software I will report it here.

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Don't blame yourself, it was obvious not simple enough and created therefore confusion.

I had once a similar problem. The serial number contained both "0"'s (number) and "O"'s (letter), which was also confusing and the used font didn't show a clear distinction between "0" and "0", which increased the confusion.
    The letter "O" was only a few nano-milimeters fatter according my microscope.
    It was the serial number of "Total Uninstall".

9. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

I have been using PowerDesk since version 1 and would be lost without it.

I already have 6 Pro but that's one heck of a bargain.

10. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I was able to get it last night for $9.95 (March 22, 2007)

11. DCM

DCM Registered Member

I had tried the free version of this program many times over the years but always took it off because of the nag screens.

Now, after running it for a couple of days without those screens, it has turned out to be an excellent program and I wish I had bought it sooner.

It would eliminate several utilities that I have used over those same years. Too bad that Windows Explorer isn't like this.

Microsoft should have bought this program and renamed it as Windows Explorer.

12. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I saw this on nothingbutsoftware.com-

http://www.nothingbutsoftware.com/catalog_type_page/ProductCode/37009

Looks like Fix-it Utilities 6 with Power Desk Special Edition? as a bonus add-on.

Is this the same thing you guys are talking about? Also, this Fix-it Utilities looks tempting, although it may be their last version. Anyone use it? How does it compare to JV16 and Ace Utilities?

The price looks nice at $8.49 plus shipping.

13. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

I would give this deal a thumbs-up at that price.
    I believe the PowerDesk proggie that comes bundled with Fix-it is a "lite" version. Still not bad (heaps better than M$ Explorer).
    re: Fix-it Utilities 6. Been using it for years. I rather like it.
    I cannot offer any comparison to JV16, although I also have Macecraft's (the JV16 people) RegSupreme Pro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.