VBA32 updated to 3.11.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by dan_maran, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

Today's update is large, 11MB. This will update to version 3.11.1
    For those who have been testing out the beta, here is the release.

Here is a pic of the RAM usage a little high but, with "Process only new files" enabled it works light as the Dr.
    [Just remember do a FULL scan maxed out on your system first!]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  2. dan_maran

dan_maran Registered Member

New information from Whatsnew.eng

3. Durad

Durad Registered Member

I am using beta, it is very light comparing to f-secure which I just uninstalled.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

is most av's now having scan only new files?

because kaspersky do and so does vba32 now as you said.

but f-secure 2007 beta doesnt as far as I know correct me if wrong.

but i have just sent an email to f-secure saying i would like f-secure 2007 to have scan new and changed files only option.

lodore

5. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I think it is god to see VBA making progress with its product. With the release of this new version, especially with the addition for termination protection, VBA seems to be listening to its user. I guess forums are actually paid attention to. I do still have a major issue with the increased "heaviness" that the recent builds seems to have both in terms of resource usage and disk space. (see this thread). That needs to change before they can expect to get users from other AV products. But that being said, I still like VBA32 and believe it to be making good progress in a short amount of time.

Everyone has problems with a particular AV, admittedly I seem to have issues with nearly every AV; NODs interface is horrible and their views on v3 info are just plain bad, Dr web has a wierd yet severe memory after scan issue, Norton, Panda, and Mcafee just suck. I could go on but you get my point.

VBA is, as of now, still the minor leaguer with the most star potential. It is stil hoping to get that call up to the majors. That's why I feel it needs to be better than what is currently on the market; allowing users to migrate to VBA32.

It is a step in the right direction.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.