VB 100 Award for Nov '04

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Technodrome, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Go HERE to see winners and losers.

tECHNODROME

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Hi Gerard,

This post is for people who don’t browse NOD32 Forums.

Yes, test was done on Windows 2003 sever.

tECHNODROME

4. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

I've asked this question on a couple of other forums, but never got a answer. Either no one knows, or they don't care. LOL. I'll give it a try here. Maybe someone will have an explanation.

Why doesn't Panda submit their AV's, Titanium 2004, or Platinum 7 or Internet Securtiy, to Virus Bulletin for testing? They did way back in time, but no more. You would think they'd want their name out their. Virus Bulletin test results are quoted very often.

5. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

I wonder, is there an email address where one can inquire about thsi? Possibly Panda engineers have lost respect for VB tests? Who knows? But it is strange .. LOL. ;)

6. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

Well I went to the Panda site and found an e-mail address for customer service and for marketing. I sent off an e-mail to each dept. asking my question about Virus Bulletin. Maybe I should have sent one off to their tech support also. LOL. Whether I get an answer or not is any bodies guess. I'm hoping I do. I will post here at the forum if I get I reply from them.

7. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

As stated above, I sent off e-mails to Panda's customer service and marketing departments. Basically, I asked why they don't submit Titanium and/or Platinum to Virus Bulletin for testing. I also said it might help with sales of their AV software, since lots of people trust Virus Bulletin. I received a reply from their marketing dept. about four hours after I sent the e-mail.

This is the reply..............

It may not mean much, but at least it's a reply. :) Lets see if I get a reply form the customer service dept.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well if you don't read VB100% magazine,then these tests are totaly useless.
    Sometimes products fail because of the most stupid thing,but in the end users see just Failed and they think thats bad.
    Only tests i take some respect for are those that have detection percentage and comments about testing proceedure. I think only Windows XP platform tests have this info added.

9. Shaker

Shaker Registered Member

Maybe that is the reason, along with what Randy Bell said in his post above, Panda doesn't participate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.