Vaulteq - Password management revolutionized

Discussion in 'hardware' started by Rasheed187, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Seems interesting:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vaulteq-password-management-revolutionized#/

2. Rasheed187

Would anyone consider using such a product?

3. wasgij6

wasgij6 Registered Member

I think this is ridiculous. Who wants to use a physical piece of hardware to store your passwords. I would much rather use a password manager that stores the passwords encrypted locally such as 1password or keepass. I also dont like the fact that you always have to have access to your home network to access your passwords. What if your internet goes down? Then you wont have access to your passwords.

4. TheWindBringeth

TheWindBringeth Registered Member

Based on what little I saw, it sounds like it is meant to be a very easy to use encrypted mini home server based solution for securely storing both passwords and ordinary files. If the security is done well, and client access is done well, it could be useful. The patent pending, subscription based solution for remote access is one thing that would have to be looked at very carefully. Although one's home Internet connection could go down, some have services and gear that are reliable enough to allow for home server use. Particularly those who aren't spending large amounts of time away from home. Keeping sensitive passwords and/or files off the client device when you aren't actively using them isn't a bad idea, especially if the device is one that can be lost. Encrypted local storage would reduce the risk, but zero storage is better. Having said that, they probably would be wise to consider a client caching option at some point.

5. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

IMO this device is useless. Maybe others might find some uses for it, but as long as you can replace it with a client based password manager and maybe cloud storage for the encrypted file, I don't see why you would need such a device.

6. Rasheed187

7. Rasheed187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.