VAIO Launches a Windows 10 Laptop That Sounds like a Mercedes When It Boots Up

Discussion in 'hardware' started by stapp, May 25, 2017.

1. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Oh come on. Well, I do recall Sony/ now Vaio had major driver issues when W10 first came out, so I guess here's the Mercedes thing. OK, got that one NOT.

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

Years ago - :rolleyes: - err many years ago, I paid a small fortune for what was at the time, the finest 17" 4:3 LCD monitor on the market. It was the top of the line Syncmaster 17" LCD display from Samsung. Besides the outstanding image quality (and it really was, and still is outstanding), what put it above the rest was that monitor case was designed by F. A. Porsche (yes, the same Porsche as the 911).

Samsung F.A. Porsche Design 171P LCD.

Yes, I am sure I paid a lot for the Porsche name, but at least I got a top notch monitor too. The review of that Mercedes VAIO suggests there is nothing special about that notebook, other than the start sound.

It seems anyone could simply copy that sound file and make their own Windows start sound out of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.