v8.0.0.48

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Tarnak, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

...released. ;)

ScreenShot_WSA_update_v8.0.0.48_01.jpg

2. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Yup, here to...but what is new? Anyone know?

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

Only new aspect I've seen so far is disappearance of license renewal reminder (and horrible exclamation mark brown icon) on main GUI window, replacement of scan option there (good :thumb: ) and enablement again of locks visibility on tray icon. Good stuff...thanks! :thumb:

4. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Not sure what you mean by all of that as I never had any issue with the things that you mention so as far as I can see there is nothing new...but there must be otherwise why the new version?

5. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

In 8.0.0.40 when 30 days or less remained on the license, then system tray icon became greyed-out, with lock obscured by warning icon, and "You are Protected" and "Scan my Computer" on main GUI were replaced with license renewal reminder and renew button...very ugly. Plus also another reminder/nag pop up as well. This has gone, and these will now appear at a later stage (?).
    I would imagine it would possibly be a turn-off for those running a trial.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1952415&postcount=8

6. JCRUYFF

JCRUYFF Registered Member

i still have 8.0.0.40 , is 8.0.0.48 a beta version?

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Yes, it's released just to the private beta testers at the moment.

8. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Joe, as one of those, are you saying that I should not post/comment about a release, publicly? ;)

9. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

You can as we're past the official release now so changes are minimal :)

10. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

it also seems the somewhat annoying "." turning into ";" and the "@" sign doubling browser-bug is fixed for https protected websites (this bug was caused by identity shield). But I still have to reboot so fingers crossed.

So far I'm happy with the protection offered, but I still want that "threats" overview screen like in Prevx. Somtimes I want WSA to keep blocking threats and not delete them. And without said screen, you need to scan again and again if you want to know which undeleted threats remain.
    I'll make a new thread on that soon as I've some other suggestion to make.

11. Pierrequiroule

Pierrequiroule Registered Member

As far as I am concerned, I am still experiencing that so called "@" sign doubling browser-bug... even though I am running WSA v. 8.0.0.48. How can that be?

Win7 64-bit SP1, WSA beta, KAV 2012, Comodo Firewall, MBAM (on demand).

12. Jeroen1000

@Pierre,

I had disactivated identity shield, but I did reactivate it after installing this latest WSA version. Moreover, I made sure that the browser I used (latest Mozilla 3.6.x branch) is protected by identity shield (you can disable protection per application instead of disabling identity shield entirely). Note, Internet explorer 8 also suffered from this bug on my workstation.

Anyway, I think the above is set correctly as far as I know. I'd try a full install first and a reinstall because that is how I upgrade WSA and you might have done this differently.
    After a reboot, the behaviour was completely normal: the bug was gone for me. I am using Windows XP SP3 but I don't think the OS should matter.

Perhaps we should check out our brower languages. I believe I have something set to US language but I'll have to check (I'm on a different workstation now). I'm also using the English version of the browser.

I'll double check whether I have activated everything:). Fixes for things like these are not licence key dependent are they?

13. Pierrequiroule

Pierrequiroule Registered Member

@Jeroen1000,

Thanks for the information. I will certainly try updating WSA the way you do it instead of letting WSA automatically download and apply updates.

14. Jeroen1000

It appears the bug has returned for me in 8.0.0.60. I've reported it to support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.