V4 upgrade

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by aiskew, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aiskew

aiskew Registered Member

I tried to upgrade my V3 to V4 on my 64bit Vista system and had a problem with the scanning, when I initiated a scan it would "hang". So I bottled out and after much gnashing of teeth managed to get back to V3.
    I'm feeling a little braver now and fancy installing the latest version again.
    Do I need to uninstall my current V3, or should it install over the top of it?
    Sorry if this query has been posted before, had a quick look but couldn't find it.
    My system is a newish Vista 64bit Ultimate, and the only anti virus program that's been on it is Nod32
    Many thanks

2. a_kerbouchard

a_kerbouchard Registered Member

I have only run into problems when uninstalling rebooting and installing the new version. If you do it that was I had a lot of manual entries to delete.

If I just upgraded over the old version I did not run into any issues.

3. STRYDER

STRYDER Registered Member

I would perform a clean uninstall reinstall (see KB article below)

http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?pag...earch&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1241471943335

and reinstall the 64bit version (see link below)
    http://www.eset.com/download/home-64bit.php

4. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I just upgraded to v4.424 from v3.687, after uninstalling v3 first from the Eset menu uninstall. Very smooth upgrading, and v4 is running fine. :cool:

5. aiskew

aiskew Registered Member

I've uninstalled my version 3 and installed version 4, and it seems to be working fine.
    I've just completed a scan successfully (which is where it "hung" before), so I can only assume there must have been some conflict or corruption when I previously installed it over the top of version 3.
    Happy days:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.