v4.0.424.0 Problems

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by JohnPlayer, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnPlayer

JohnPlayer Registered Member

I've been running v4.0.424.0 on XP Pro SP3 with no problems at all. I tried it out on Vista Business SP2 and it just won't behave.:eek: Kept coming up that the firewall & anti-virus weren't working needed re-installing. Wouldn't let me because not enough permissions. Wouldn't un-install either for the same reasons. This was on a clean install of Vista. Had to do another clean install with v3 and all is running as it should.:) Why can't ESET get it righto_O?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please create an ESET SysInspector log from your system running Microsoft Windows Vista with Service Pack 2 and ESET Smart Security v4.0.424.0. I will send you my email address via PM so that you may send it to me for examination.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. jaysupreme

jaysupreme Registered Member

Have you finally solved the problem? Because I have the same problem.

4. bokko

bokko Registered Member

dito here SP3 tried uninstall reinstall, 2nd time after uninstall booting to safe mode deleting all directories and registry itmes relating to eset/ nod32 then reseting winsock and reinstalling. Have run malwarebyte and superantispyware to insure no infections. Did online trend micro housecalland bitdefender as well. Come on Eset I submitted a ticket 2 days ago and not even response.

I was running business version of SS as I am on a domain.
    Prior to which follow instructions again for clean install.
    Also uninstalled Malware Bytes, superantispyware, Auslogic registry cleaner,
    prior to clean install. Three reboots so far so good.

Last edited: May 16, 2009
  5. JohnPlayer

JohnPlayer Registered Member

No, I didn't even bother with v4 again. I'm using v3 and everything is fine. I'll wait until all the bugs are sorted before I attempt v4 again.

6. cssoz

cssoz Registered Member

lol many people are doing that including myself

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I upgraded to v4.424 a few weeks ago from v3 and I don't see any bugs as yet. What are some bugs I should be aware of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.