v3 web access protection, network errors?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Yakumo, Dec 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakumo

Yakumo Registered Member

I've been having tons of network issues on a clean new installed Vista ultimate 32 system with nod32 v3 AV, I've had random disconnects while transferring files on both wired and wireless connections, usually simply 'there is a problem accesing (path to local file)' which is strange as I'd expect it to be stating there was a problem connecting to the remote machine, not local files.
    The latest error was a file transfer stopping with the error "the semaphore timeout period has expired", this occurred every time i tried to copying the Visual Studio 2008 iso across a wired 100mbps network (3.82GB file).

This is using default TCP/IP & SMB2.0 used in Vista file sharing. (transfers were all vista <-> vista, but the other machine doesn't yet have any AV installed)

This problematic behaviour disappears completely withd 'Web access protection' disabled in my nod32 3.0.563.0 trial.

Is there a better solution or are there known issues with networking with v3? I've recommended v2 to countless people, and businesses and never seen an issue like this before.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  2. Yakumo

Yakumo Registered Member

Re: v3 web access protection flawed?

oops,should have titled this 'v3 web access protection, network errors?' can't change it :(

edit :

I just saw on this forum the latest version (unannounced) was v3.0.566 so I have uninstalled, and upgraded the trial to that.
    default install options, but threat sense disabled.

I still have the same problem, with Web Access Protection enabled, the 3.82GB iso transfer dies about 905 of the way through saying the local file is inaccessible, with Web Access Protection disabled everything is fine.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.