v3 test mode

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Jun 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

Yes, to insure you receive the virus signature updates you should switch it back to "Choose automatically".

BFG

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thank you :)

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

it's only auto updating from the beta server now? i have 'defaulted everything, the settings are all correct, all default. i keep getting unkown error? have cleared cache?

5. BFG

BFG Registered Member

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

blimey it's never ending! i have 684 all other internet seems ok, thanks for the reply, i'll keep my eyes on it, i tried v4 last night, if i have problems with this firewall will go back to 1040 or v3 nod + windows firewall.

7. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

1049 is released.

8. stratoc

stratoc Guest

yes thats what i have, the problem is smart wont update or un-install. gets towards the end and says something about a network error. going to uninstall manually. and keep my system that way.
    thanks for all the help guys but this is far too much for a paid for product, it's all i've done for 3 days.

9. stratoc

stratoc Guest

ok.... i removed everything manually, downloaded v3 (which came equipped with 1049 and didnt give me a load a fp's untill updated like it used to)
    everythings working well, updating, nothing as yet in firewall log internet fast and game latecy low.
    looking good.

10. stratoc

stratoc Guest

working in fact, like a dream ;) glad it's sorted. :D

11. stratoc

stratoc Guest

there's always negative post's (as it's a help forum ;) ) having extensively tested this set up (v3.0.684.0 1049 firewall) with all my online games, torrents, etc. it's working perfectly.
    and is, at this time the best av/fw i can find, system performance and low intrusion are spot on.
    set and forget!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.