v3 on SBS 2003?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by weevil, Feb 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weevil

weevil Registered Member

I am a bit confused with versions here.

I have a SBS2003 server which i want the Exchange version of NOD32 to be put on there, i also want this server to act as the distribution server to roll out NOD32 to clients.

I seem to be only able to order v3 of NOD32 Business Edition and v2 of NOD32 for Exchange - and these 2 wont update from each other.

Is there a v3 of Exchange available and if not, how do i get around this problem?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi!

No version 3 for MS Exchange . What you need to do (actually options)

1) Install NOD32 v2 on your server and install the XMON part on it , too.
    Install NOD32 RA v1 on your server and install NOD32 v2 on all your workstations (your whole environment is with v2)

2) Install NOD32 v2 on your server and install the XMON part on it , too.
    Install NOD32 RA v2 on your server and install NOD32 v3 on all your workstations (only your server is protected by v2 , your workstations will run the new version 3. RA v2 can control both v2 and v3 . Updates will be provided by the RA v2 - yes , from it , because v2 of the RA supports this , too)

3) Install NOD32 v2 on your server and install the XMON part on it , too.
    Install NOD32 RA v2 on your server

Install NOD32 v2 or v3 on your workstations (your server is protected by v2 , your workstations will run either v2 or v3. RA v2 can control both v2 and v3 . Updates for v3 workstations will be provided by the RA v2 - yes , from it , because v2 of the RA supports this , too . Updates from v2 workstations will be provided by the server running v2)

In all cases you need Business edition license + license for Exchange . The license support running whatever version(s) you want and need

3. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hello,

There will be a new version of Exchange coming out ... soon.

IIn the meantime, if that's the only machine that won't have v3.0, have XMON update directly from our servers by leaving the parameter set to <Choose automatically> in the update section.

The v3.0 clients can connect to the mirror that you set up via the Remote Administrator on that 2003 Server.

BFG

(Your 2nd option and mine are the same I believe HiTech_boy. You beat me to it.) lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  4. weevil

weevil Registered Member

thanks for the replies.

I came across this problem when i added the NOD32 install to a logon script, when the server restarted, it installed 2 instances of NOD32! - is there a way of specifying that a computer doesnt use a specific line in a setup script? (this is my preferred method of rolling out nod32 as its the easiest way of making sure everyone gets AV protection)

5. jhurrell

jhurrell Registered Member

6. tlamming

tlamming Registered Member

I just installed a sbs 2003 server this weekend for a client with v3 on it. I must say, not very stable. They where running a payroll program called "rapid" from adp and it just would not run unless we turned off the v3 antivirus. I'm installing 2.7 back on the server. 3 just isnt ready yet :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.