V3 noticeable slower than V2 ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by dnct, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dnct

dnct Registered Member

Hello,

I have been installing V3 for some time to several customers. However, many have called back, complaining on their computers reacting slowly to various file actions / starting of programs. They have had previous antivirussystems which have been fully uninstalled first. (NOD32 V2, Symantec).

I have checked this out myself. Advanced heuristics is not checked. CPU usage on ekrn.exe rises very high on file access. The only way I can get the system as fast as before is when I uncheck "Real time file checking" in the settings.

Otherwise the settings in NOD32 V3 is at default.

When I uninstall and go back to NOD32 V2.7, every system I tried on was noticeable faster.

This behaviour is noted on several computers in different locations.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

what is the spec of these machines?

If they are really light in terms of RAM then you might see a slow-down - with plenty of RAM I don't think you would notice.

3. dnct

dnct Registered Member

The machines are very different. Some older P4 with 512MB ram, some new Core 2 Duo's with 2GB RAM. Same noticeable speed difference. No other security programs installed. For example, pressing "quick save" in an Excel-document, saving to a file server on the local network is taking 2-4 seconds as opposed to when V2.7 was installed, nearly instantly.

4. piranha

piranha Registered Member

downgrade to v2.7, this version is perfect, v3 still have some bugs :(

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'll be trying the latest build of V3 soon. Presently using 2.7. I'll try to remember to post my observations.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I installed V3.0650.0 earlier today after uninstalling V2.7 and am running with the default settings at present. I have only 512k ram on a ten year old Pentium 3, although I will look at Blackspears settings at some point as I did use them in V2. I find this V3 build runs very fast and light. Sorry to hear about your difficulties.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.