v3 advanced option questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mister Natural, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I'm sure it's been asked, but can't seem to locate the answer.

I'm a little confused about the advanced options to manually enter the browser and email client used. I gather that is not needed for AV protection to work on a computer. So why are those options there, what is the purpose?

I also no longer see an option to terminate the connection when malicious software is detected through the web. I thought that was a good option and has worked well in our corporate environment.

Update, I went over the documentation I have a better understanding of the option there. Second question still stands though. I don't see an option to terminate connection anymore.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , not necessary . By default EA also scans all the HTTP/POP3 traffic so the web-browser's traffic will not bypass the eset kernel.

It is only necessary if protocol filtering is set to "applications marked as..." which is not a default options and is visible only in the Advanced mode.

This is because v3 is more automated than v2 and it does this fully automatically . By default the cleaning level is set to 2 . If you set the level to 1 (no cleaning) you will be prompt for action all the time (valid for all the modules) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.