v3 advanced option questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Mister Natural, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

I'm sure it's been asked, but can't seem to locate the answer.

I'm a little confused about the advanced options to manually enter the browser and email client used. I gather that is not needed for AV protection to work on a computer. So why are those options there, what is the purpose?

I also no longer see an option to terminate the connection when malicious software is detected through the web. I thought that was a good option and has worked well in our corporate environment.

Update, I went over the documentation I have a better understanding of the option there. Second question still stands though. I don't see an option to terminate connection anymore.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No , not necessary . By default EA also scans all the HTTP/POP3 traffic so the web-browser's traffic will not bypass the eset kernel.

It is only necessary if protocol filtering is set to "applications marked as..." which is not a default options and is visible only in the Advanced mode.

This is because v3 is more automated than v2 and it does this fully automatically . By default the cleaning level is set to 2 . If you set the level to 1 (no cleaning) you will be prompt for action all the time (valid for all the modules) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.