v3.0.695.0 on 64 bit windows 7

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by stratoc, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratoc

stratoc Guest

is there any reason this states it only supports vista on the download page? why does windows pop up a known compatibility window on install? i gave up on v4 a month ago.
    set up is clean install 64 bit windows7, amd 940be with 4 gig 8500 ram, no other security programs defender turned off and set to manual in services. smart was installed on default with potentially dangerous threats enabled.
    issues i had: generally slower web surfing, any pages using flash ie games on facebook would take forever to load, sometimes wouldnt and i would have to refresh.
    27 online games, i would get occasional latency lag and disconnects.
    loads of strange messages in firewall log that noone could explain.

pc is connected with a bt homehub v3

so i used mse with windows firewall but thought i would try v3 as i have nearly 2 years of paid for license ticking away. it installed fine, i got a windows pop up telling me there were known compatibilities. but it works perfectly after over 2 weeks i have had none of the issues i have just mentioned.
    and this is unsupported? if i hadnt have tried v3 i would have bought another solution and eset would have lost a customer.
    v4 chokes this pc it did on vista and it does on 7
    just thought i would post this for others who may feel like giving up.
    thanks

2. Templar

Templar Registered Member

Hi Stratoc, can you tell us exactly how ESS 4 chockes your PC?

Simon

3. stratoc

stratoc Guest

thought i had "issues i had: generally slower web surfing, any pages using flash ie games on facebook would take forever to load, sometimes wouldnt and i would have to refresh.
    27 online games, i would get occasional latency lag and disconnects.
    loads of strange messages in firewall log that noone could explain."

4. stratoc

stratoc Guest

i know most programs, drivers etc run differently on different set ups, v4 has never cracked it on this (my main) pc, but v3 has always woked completely un noticed. my post was not to knock v4 it works perfectly on my girlfriends factory built pc.
    it was just to point out microsoft and eset state it doesnt run on windows 7 and im just posting here to say that on this pc it works great.

5. Templar

Templar Registered Member

Hi Stratoc

yes there are definitive issues.

1) Win7 x64 http scanner is what caused the slowdown on my web surfing.
    2) ICMP attacks get triggered too easily on the firewall.

I really like the way Eset sets up it's application and it looks like one killer piece of software but yeah there are issues and I just bought 3 licenses of ESS 4 for Win7 x64 machines and all of the show these web slow down issues.

I'll be waiting for a new build it, until then it's Vipre for a test.

Simon

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If there's a problem with web protection slowing down opening websites I'd certainly suggest submitting a log from SysInspector to customer care as there's most likely an interference with other software or driver you have installed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.