v3.0.657 dangerous ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fgh, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fgh

Fgh Registered Member

Hi,

I have seen about this version The antivirus system now intelligently cleans and deletes infiltrations with no need for user interaction..

Maybe dangerous if the file is good or a false positive, no ?

I would like to have your opinion, please !

Thanks.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET generates false postive alarms very very rarely . It never permanenly removes a threats . It will always first copy it to Quarantine , then it will delete the threat.

3. Fgh

Fgh Registered Member

Hi,

Thanks for your answer ! ;)

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

We haven't changed anything in this regard in v. 3.0.657, files that are deleted are stored in a safe form in the quarantine.

5. Fgh

Fgh Registered Member

Thanks ! :thumb:

6. stratoc

stratoc Guest

very dangerous. if you don't have a recent back up i would leave it for the time being. mine just broke half the games on this pc.

7. GAN

GAN Registered Member

To have files detected as a threat deleted automatically or not is optional and basically the same with any av software so i cannot see this as a problem and no different then other software. Just change the cleaning level if you don't want the files deleted automatically. Also as already said compared to other av software nod32 have very few false positives.

8. mkuntic

mkuntic Registered Member

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  9. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , that is one of the very rare cases

10. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

11. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Explained here: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1247063&postcount=4 It was a bug that caused the alarm to emerge on certain computers (a specific file would not be detected on each computer). Even though it was not a typical FP, the effect was same. It didn't affect as large group of users as an actual false positive would (it would be detected on every computer having a wrongly detected file which was not the case).

12. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

if you can fine quaranteen

13. edwin3333

edwin3333 Registered Member

Where is this quarantine? With all the false positives today I haven't figured out how to restore from quarantine. I see nothing in the GUI nor do I see the quarantine folder in the eSet directory, as I did with 2.7.

14. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I can't either...

15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

As noted in the tutorial sticky under Quarantine and also in the Help section of the program under Quarantine....it's part of the Tools section of the GUI.

For those un-accustomed to the program I can only suggest they take a few minutes and review the Tutorial sticky and the extensive program Help file. Numerous queries concerning the program can be found in just those two aids.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.