V2.07 connection problem

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by aptisman, Oct 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aptisman

aptisman Registered Member

Hi

Installed 2.07 on Xp today. I had two problems:-

The reboot of XP stalled at the blue 'Windows is starting' screen. This problem went away after the third reboot.

The second problem remains - nothing resolves unless I turn off Internet filtering. This is the case with whichever rule set I use, standard, enhanced or Phantom's.

Help please!

2. aptisman

Sorry, I should have added it was an upgrade over 2.06.

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hi aptisman,

First problem, what you described sounds like a problem loading a driver. Interesting thing, why the third attempt and not the second attempt? If you were to re-boot a couple of times in a row, does she reproduce the anomaly again?

Did you try re-running the P. Ruleset Installer after experiencing connectivity issues? And if that problem persists, only then try configuring the ForceConfig file CompatibleDNS flag to Yes and re-run the P. Ruleset Installer.

Also the pre-bundled rulesets contains fix for this anomaly, but It only gets installed when installing Look 'n' Stop from scratch.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

4. aptisman

Hi Phantom

Before I followeed you advice I have now done what I perhaps should have done before I called in, I uninstalled and did a clean install of 2.07.

Everything is now fine again!

Thanks.

5. hof

hof Registered Member

actually,it's a good fw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.