v11 Email backup is only 75K?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BillyB, Sep 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyB

BillyB Registered Member

I just looked at the output of a scheduled backup task of type Email in v11. It was only 75k, even though the Outlook files being backed up were in excess of 100MB. I had this problem in v10 as well. Looks like a bug to me; anyone else have a similar problem?

On a more positive note, an email backup with the exact same configuration that was run immediately instead of being run as a scheduled task worked as expected.

Could there be something wrong with the 'Schedule a backup task' wizard, or whatever you call it?

2. BillyB

BillyB Registered Member

Forgot to mention: this was a FULL backup. I double-checked.

3. mbl

mbl Registered Member

I have a similar question: Have made a full backup of my dual boot linux partition and the backup file is like 1.3 MB whereas the disk-manager says the partiton is a little more than 3 GB of USED space, meaning the data in is larger than the backup file. This may be correct, though, as the image may very well use COMPRESSION. However, not wanting to imagine things, I am hereby asking if compression is indeed used in the backups of True-Image. I actually searched the backup and was able to extract a specific file and it was correct. However, I am hesitant of making conclussions yet. The purpose of this question is to test temporarily anothere Linux version, while the one I alredy have is working OK so I want to re-instate it after temporarily removing it. So, kind help and advise is appreciated.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BillyB,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try deleting and recreating the scheduled task and see if the problem persists.

If it persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please collect the application log of the operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the corresponding log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also collect the following information:
    - Exact title of E-mail client (e.g. Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0, Microsoft Outlook 2003);
    - Quantity of user profiles;
    - Amount of the accounts for these profiles;
    - If the accounts within a single profile are of different types, please provide the amount of the accounts of each type. (E.g. profile [XXXX] contains three imap accounts and two pop3 accounts);
    - Screenshots of error messages, if there is any.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mbl,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please clarify if the archive size is 1.3 MB or 1.3 GB? Acronis True Image uses a "normal" level of compression by default, but compressing 3GB of data into 1.3MB would be impossible.
    Please also clarify, what version and build of Acronis True Image did you use? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window. Did you run the backup procedure from within Windows, or using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.