v11 Backup went ok, Restore failed, HELP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by travwil606, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travwil606

travwil606 Registered Member

when the pc reboots to restore, it says CPU TO OLD FOR THIS KERNAL. It also says this when I try to boot backup mgr. is their any way around this. I'm running a amd-k2 800mhz server... just a ftp/fileserver/printserver so i dont need much. but i need to be able to restore when she crashes.
    please help! Thanks.

2. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I'm not up on what kernels supports what processor set, but sounds as though you'd be better off making a BartPE rescue CD.

This would use Windows drivers, so if Windows works on your system - Bart ought to also.

Colin

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

A Bart PE CD needs to be prepared on an XP SP2 computer I believe.
    What OS is being used here and is it compatable with Version 11 ?

Xpilot

4. travwil606

I'm running a fresh copy of xp sp2, i slipstreamed it into my sp1 auth win cd. i hope bart is i never heard of it, but i have eerything thing in and want to backup now, so i can make a bootable and keep insertin cd's till it reloads the img. when she crashes. but i'd like to get this acronis to work too... in the supported software minimum, it said pentium I, i have a amd k2-800 you would think it woulld suppport that. gotta take kids to school, can i get a link to baART.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello travwil606,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. travwil606

i paid and downloaded the plugin from mustang's website, ran the helpinstall file and it copied all kinds of files. but when i start bartpe, plugins, its not showing up in the list. how do i make it show up in the plugin list? thanks

7. travwil606

well i have the plugin installed and created an img file, and burted it to a bootable cd. when it boot its halts, and says cannot find file ntoskrnl.exe error # 32768, what should i do now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.