V10 with Win98 ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ghostwwi, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghostwwi

Ghostwwi Registered Member

Is there a chance to install True Image V10 on a Windows 98, without a Web conection ?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  2. dbknox

dbknox Registered Member

True image 10 does not work on Win98 see faqs
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/faq.html
    and schroll down to what operating systems are supported.
    We ( owners of win98 ) are out of luck, they never did get version 9 working properly and if some of the problems were fixed in version 10 .... to bad for us, I guess. Apparently the last build of version 8 worked pretty good for win98 you simply had to use a third party software program to copy to DVD or CD. I have two internal hard drives and one usb hard drive which I use. I did make a copy of an early clean image onto DVD just in case, but never tried to prove it.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ghostwwi,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that as dbknox noted Acronis True Image 10.0 Home can not be installed under Windows 98 and Windows Millenium.

However, you can obtain Acronis True Image basic functionality of imaging and restoring by temporarily installing Acronis True Image 10.0 Home under one of the supported operating systems and creating an Acronis True Image Bootable CD. You can find the detailed instructions on how to create Acronis True Image Bootable CD in Chapter 10. "Creating bootable media" User's Guide. You can then uninstall Acronis True Image. As the Acronis True Image Bootable CD boots you into the Linux environment, you can use it to back up and restore you computer with Windows 98.

Please also note that if your computer does not have Internet connection and you would like to install the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home that requires on-line registration, sent us a Private Message and we will provide you with the trial version of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home without registration screen.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.