V. Slow scanning performance in Vista.. help?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by heavydawson, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heavydawson

heavydawson Registered Member

Hey all, I've noticed extremely slow scanning performance in Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit.
    If, for example you download the latest Eclipse distro from www.eclipse.org, I saw that when it finished downloading, nod32 started scanning it straight away, and took approx 25 minutes to scan it all.
    Worse still, when that scan was over, IE had to move the downloaded file from the temporary downloads directory to the download folder I specified.
    Another 25 minute scan.
    Then when I went to unzip the file into a program folder, it scanned every file as it unzipped, adding another 25 or so minutes scan time.

Why do I have to scan something 3 times, and do it so slowly?
    I know that NOD32 scans files on creation, but surely it should be faster than this. I was using PC-Cillin before this, and for all it's problems on vista, it never took such an extreme length of time to scan anything.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello !

It depends on the file type and the size , this is definitely something big.
    If you don't want the internet protection (IMON) you can disable it .

3. heavydawson

heavydawson Registered Member

I'll turn off IMon, but this probably won't help the speed at which the unzipping is carried out at.

Does the purchased version of Nod32 run any faster. I'm running the latest trial version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.