v 4.0.474 install woes on Win7 over Converted Vista

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by darth5, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth5

darth5 Registered Member

Hello, I am having lots of difficulty and in need of help.
    I have a laptop that started as a Vista home premium system with the trial version of NOD32 installed about a month ago on it. Yesterday I ran the Win 7 Home Premium upgrade on it. However, I did not read the Eset instructions before starting so I had not done an uninstall of NOD32 before the upgrade. Now I did try running uninstall after the upgrade but it clearly did not clean up everything. I still had the Ekrn service running so I disabled it and deleted the file directories from Safe mode. I still get authorization errors when I try to run an install now on some objects about halfway thru. So I am stuck partway installed.

What can I do now to get over the hump?

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

With W7 we all MUST reinstall all applications that is the prime directive on W7.

So if I were in your situation I would get the Windows Install Clean up and use it to do some remedial work.

To remove Nod32 go into safe mode and run Nod32 uninstall. Also see there if the windows uninstall will do the job.

Once you have done that, defrag reboot several times. Then download a new Nod32 installer just go ahead and buy it so you have a new clean license.

Good luck.

3. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

4. darth5

darth5 Registered Member

I followed the procedures quoted here that applied and they worked perfectly. My problem is now resolved-- thanks for the excellent support!:thumb:

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

good job Rmuffler.:thumb:

6. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.