Using VPN to connect to VPS?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by scrty001, Feb 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrty001

scrty001 Registered Member

Is there any compromise in leaking a connection if you use VPN such as xerobank to connect to a VPS and use the VPS as a remote computer? If using the VPS you would be using a different IP.

Thanks

2. jonw

jonw Registered Member

Can you re explain this I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

3. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

4. arran

arran Registered Member

I think the only possible compromise in leaking connections are dns leaks. just got to make sure all your dns requests are tunneled.

setting up your own proxy service is better than using a public one, because just you don't know if the are keeping logs or not, and also when you sign up to their services some of them like to know who you really are as there is Bull shitt like you can't sign up using another proxy or anonymous email address not accepted or anonymous payment systems not accepted you must use your normal credit or you must provide your real ph number. So running your own proxy service is much more anonymous if you have lots of others also using it as well.

5. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

arran, That last part reminds me of something. There is a privacy service, I can't remember which one, that actually makes you give them your phone number and they call you back to "verify" your account. If they can't reach you to speak with you they won't activate the account. Does anybody know which one it is? Seems they are located in Europe, but not sure. What a joke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.