Using PXE to boot the Rescue Disk

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by smbrace, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smbrace

smbrace Registered Member

Does any one know if it is possible to use network booting (PXE) to access the True Image Rescue Disk from a machine without a CD or Floppy? I was thinking this would be a good solution for backing up/restoring machines on our plant floor.

I know that Red Hat has a PXE Server and Windows 2000 Server has RIS, but I'm not sure if these will only install their OS or if you can boot any OS from them.

Thanks in advance!

Sean
    :cool:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello smbrace,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We don't support network booting now, we will try to implement it in the future. You can try to make the following workaround if you haven't got CD or Floppy drive:

- Create Acronis Secure Zone
    - Activate Acronis Startup Recover Manager

Then you can restore system partitions and the entire hard drive without booting to rescue CDs. A dedicated application, Acronis Startup Recovery Manager, can be run at the PC boot up pressing F11 button and start the restore process.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.